Schärding-Passau-Schärding Cycle Tour | Nature & Culture on the Inn Cycle Path
Nature and culture at the Lower Inn
Easy bike tour to the baroque town of Schärding with mostly asphalt bike path; return via the Neuburg Forest with a little more effort on partly asphalt bike paths and partly nature bike paths.
Current detour and closures of the Innradweg at:https://schaerding.at/barockstadt-schaerding/innradweg-sperre-r3.html
- Refreshment stops available
- Cultural/historical value
0 km Schärding. The highlight of the town is the colorful Silberzeile (Silver Row), where the color of each of these town houses was assigned to a particular occupational group. In addition to other urban gems and churches, Schärding also has a town museum (from April to October).
1 km Neuhaus. From the Upper Town Square, turn right to the Old Inn Bridge across to the German Neuhaus am Inn. Neuhaus Castle is now a secondary school run by the English Misses.
4 km Vornbach. After 4 km on the Inntalradweg you reach Vornbach. There the church of the former Benedictine abbey Maria Hilf (Rococo) with the nearby cemetery church St. Martin are particularly worth seeing. At the height of the fire station you follow the cycle path again, which leads into the Neuburg forest and to the river breakthrough of the Inn, the Vornbacher Enge.
7 km Neuburg. The fortified five-tower Neuburg Castle towers above the forest. A tarred road leads steeply up to it. The district gallery, the outer grounds and the flower garden from the 17th century as well as the panoramic view over the Inn valley are worth seeing.
17 km Passau. The same steep road leads back down to the Inntalradweg. On a natural path along the river it goes partly considerably uphill and downhill. On the Bavarian side of the power station Ingling one has reached Passau. Via the university you reach the old town.
From the old town the bike tour leads back over the big Inn bridge. After crossing the Inn, turn right along Jahnstraße to the Roman Museum Kastell Boiotro (March - 15 Nov daily 10 am - 4 pm except Mon), through the Severin Gate, past St. Severin's Church and cemetery to the Austrian Ingling.
21 km Ingling. From Ingling follow the road that branches off to the right ("Naturerlebnisweg Europareservat Unterer Inn") and from then on always within sight of the Inn to Wernstein. Tip: If you would like to travel by boat, you can board the "MS Schärding" of the Innschifffahrt Kpt. Schaurecker in Ingling (Tue-Sat: 2:50 p.m., also at 12 p.m. on Sundays and public holidays) and enjoy the wild and romantic Lower Inn Valley as far as Schärding. Bicycles are free of charge.
28 km Wernstein. In Wernstein, at the foot of the sublime Neuburg Castle opposite, lies the slighter Wernstein Castle - now privately owned. In front of this castle stands a Marian column from 1647. The suspension bridge "Mariensteig" leads pedestrians and cyclists to the other side of the Inn River to Neuburg.
34 km Schärding. 4 km after Wernstein, the signs point to the right under the railroad tracks. Then turn right and immediately left, directly along the Inn. Once you have crossed the Pram Bridge, you will soon reach the center of Schärding again.
- Passau RomanMuseum Boiotro Fort
- Castle Wernstein
- Baroque town square Schärding with silver line
- Water Gate Schärding
- Baroque garden Schärding with orangery
- Schärding Castle Park
- Vornbach Monastery
- Neuburg Castle
- River breakthrough of the Inn, the Vornbacher Narrows
E-bike rentals in town:
- Eurofun Touristik GmbH - Eurobike, Haid 70, 4782 St. Florian Phone +43 (0) 664 80 183 801.
E-mail: email@example.com, www.eurobike.at
- Fahrad-Klinik, Bräugasse 10, Passau, Tel. +49 851 334 11, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.fahrradklinik-passau.de;
- Fahrradladen Passau, Roßtränke 12, Passau, tel. +49 851 722 26
- Rent a Bike bike rental - Bikehaus 29 in the train station,Passau main station - platform 1, tel. +49 851 966 25 70 or +49 941 599 81 94, email@example.com, www.fahrradverleih-bahnhof-passau.de
E-bike charging possibility along the route:
- Schärding town square, Silberzeile, 4780 Schärding
- Schärding Tourist Info, Innbruckstraße 294780 Schärding
- Wirtshaus zur Bums'n, Denisgasse 8, 4780 Schärding
- Radsport Schlewitz, Ludwig-Pfliegl-Gasse 25, 4780 Schärding
- Spar, Passauer Str. 35, 4780 Allerheiligen
- Zweirad Würdinger, Regensburger Str. 22, Passau
- Fahrradklinik, Bräugasse 10, Passau;
- Fahrradladen, Roßtränke 12, Passau;
- Rent a Bike bicycle rental - at Passau main station, west wing,Bahnhofstraße 29, Passau
- Board possible
Please get in touch for more information.