- pets allowed
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
The gallows of Rannariedl
In 1575, the lordship of Rannariedl was granted the right of "high jurisdiction", meaning that the lord of the castle could pronounce a death sentence. A "permanent" high court, which could not be ravaged at night, was therefore built in the village. A gallows column still bears witness to the condemnation and death at that time.
A memorial plaque erected in 1978 bears the following inscription: "As a witness to the former power of the lords of Rannariedl Castle, this "persistent high court" erected in 1575 bears witness to condemnation and death."