Schärding‘s Kneipp Health Resort, which was originally a Cistercian Monastery built in 1635-1638, is situated on a small hill in the Eichbüchl. Following the dissolution of the monastery around 1800, the building was converted into government offices, but in 1928 was purchased by the Order of Merciful Brothers, who used the site to erect today‘s Kurhaus and henceforth used the old Cistercian church as the Kurhaus church.
Kurhauskirche is located on a small hill at Eichbüchl. A Capuchin monastery was erected between 1635 and 1638. Around 1800, the monastery was closed down, in 1814 the building was remodeled into a administrative building and purchased in 1928 by the Friars of Mercy who erected the cure center.
The former Capuchin church was converted into the Kurhauskirche church. The 1738 wall painting by Michelangelo Unterberger shows the town of Schärding with its burnt down castle, the bridge gate, part of the bridge and Eichbüchl with Sebastiankirche church, Capuchin Monastery and the town wall. The large as live saints statues were originally displayed at the Viennese Rochuskirche church.