The Schoffpau'r belonged to the manorial estate of Bergham Castle.
The name is derived from "Schaffer", which meant administrator.
The first innkeeper is mentioned in a document as early as 1653.
Since then, this house has been a farmhouse at times, but has always been both an inn and the social centre of Bergham.
Apart from minor alterations, the house has remained unchanged. The roof beams still show traces of the original paintwork.
Maria & Hermann Hoflehner have been running the inn since February 2006 - since 2011 as Upper Austrian Kultiwirt.