Mobile on site
Bus & Train:
Public transport enables a carefree journey to our excursion destinations and thus opens up many possibilities for leisure activities.
The Donauuferbahn takes its guests comfortably to the Danube villages on the left bank of the Strudengau or the Mühlkreisbahn from Linz to the Mühlviertel. Since 2022 there is also a regional bus connection between Linz and Passau (no bicycle transport possible). The optimal integration of train and bus also makes it possible to tackle specific sections of the Danube Trail or Danube Cycle Path and return to the starting point by public transport.
With the Freizeit-Ticket OÖ from the OÖ. Verkehrsverbund, even the journey to the destination is an experience, www.ooevv.at. And with the Einfach-Raus-Ticket from ÖBB (group ticket for 2-5 people) there are also many possibilities. If you want to take your bike with you, the Einfach-Raus-Radticket also offers an interesting solution, www.oebb.at.
Upon personal request, the service Kofferbutler will also bring your luggage from hotel to hotel. Ideal for multi-day cycling tours on the Inn and Danube cycle paths or long-distance hikes on the Donausteig. www.kofferbutler.com
A leisurely boat trip or ferry crossing are great ways to conquer the element of water and change your perspective on the Danube region. Information on liner cruises, excursion cruises, charters & ferries can be found here.
- Navigation Passau - Linz - Krems: Donauschifffahrt Wurm & Noé, + 49 851 929292, www.donauschifffahrt.eu
- Schärding - Passau boat trip: Innschifffahrt-Kapitän Schaurecker, +43 (0) 7712-7350, www.innschifffahrt.at
- Round trips in the Strudengau: Donauschifffahrt Ardagger GmbH, +43 (0) 7479 6464, www.donauschiffahrt-ardagger.at
- Barge hire: Zillenbauer Witti, +43 7285 6390, www.witti.co.at
- Chartering fun on the Danube: Donau Yachten, +43 7205 19513, www.donau-yachten.com
The ferries are just right for exploring both the north and south banks of the Danube. Of course, bicycles can also be taken along. To Ferries.
For individual shuttles there are regional taxi companies, among others between Passau and Linz: Eilmannsberger, www.eiltaxi.at, +43 (0) 7718/ 7372 and between Linz and Grein: Rental car Schönhofer, www.schoenhofer-on-tour.com, Tel.: +43 (0) 7268/72044