© ©WGDDonauOberoesterreichTourismusGmbHCMVisuals Donauradweg reloaded, Schlögener Schlinge, Donauschlinge, Schlögenerschlinge, Haibach

Parish church of St Magdalena

Linz, Oberösterreich, Österreich
The parish church of Urfahr-St. Magdalena is located in the district of St. Magdalena named after it. The lower part of the masonry of the church tower is thought to date from the 13th to 14th century. The upper section of the tower was built in the 15th and 16th centuries.

The originally Romanesque, then late Gothic nave walls were built at the end of the 15th century and a formerly higher nave with a flat ceiling was newly vaulted. In 1768, the church was remodelled by the Linz master builder Franz Xaver Krinner (1736-1798). From 1913 to 1914, the side aisles were added according to the plans of master builder Matthäus Schlager and a staircase was built in the corner of the tower for the west gallery.
From 1981 to 1982, the church was remodelled by architect Anton Zemann . The northern choir extension was extended and a spiral staircase added. The southern choir extension was also extended, enlarging the sacristy and the gallery above it and adding a larger arcade to the church interior.

  • opened daily

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.


Parish church of St Magdalena
Magdalenastraße 60
4040 Linz

Phone +43 732 250201
E-Mail pfarre.stmagdalena.linz@dioezese-linz.at
Web www.pfarremagdalena.at

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA | Suggest a change