Kirche der Barmherzigen Brüder
The Church of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, of the Brothers of Mercy is located in the immediate neighbourhood of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception;
The elongated oval structure opens onto Herrenstrasse with an impressive, concave façade. The hospital wing adjoins to the east. The church was built as a central building together with the convent building between 1713 and 1716 by the Linz master builder Johann Michael Pruner for the Carmelite nuns. Emperor Joseph II abolished the Carmelite convent in 1782 and handed the buildings over to the Brothers of Mercy five years later.