Ursulinenhof is home to the Landeskulturzentrum of the Upper Austrian region, for local art and culture in the upper Austrian cultural quarter.
As a former monastery of the Ursulines it was the first address for the school education of girls in Upper Austria. Today, the Ursulinenhof is an art, event and press center.
Contemporary history: As early as March 1938 the infantry garrison’s headquarters was installed in the former school wing of the Ursuline nunnery; it was followed by the Military Court, the Army Construction Department and the Army Site Administration. In 1939 prison cells were installed in the former enclosure. Soldiers were charged with desertion or insubordination and were sent to a Wehrmacht prison camp upon sentencing. The best known inmate was the conscientious objector Franz Jägerstätter, in whose honour a plaque has been erected here.