The baroque Ignatiuskirche is located in the inner city of Linz.
Designed according to drawings by Pietro Francesco Carlone, the cathedral was built between 1669 and 1678. It was the cathedral church of the diocese of Linz from 1785-1909. The single-nave Baroque church has lateral chapels and galleries, as well as a closed choir and stucco work by J.P. Spaz and G.B. Mazza. The marble high altar is by Colomba and Barberini with a picture by Antonio Bellucci. The Aloisian altar picture is by Bartolomeo Altomonte. The choir pews originate from the former monastery church in Garsten, while the organ by Franz Xaver Krismann derives from Engelzell monastery. From 1856-1868 Anton Bruckner served as the cathedral organist.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 7 am-6:30 pm; Sat, Sun, Hol 7 am-5 pm
Holiday season Mon-Sun 8 am-5 pm
Linz Linien: 1,2,3,4 - Hauptplatz
26, 27 - Taubenmarkt
Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.