During 1783 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart resided in this three-storey Renaissance house as the guest of the Count of Thun.
The building dates from the second half of the 16th century, although the facade and portal were renewed in the Baroque period. It was here that Mozart composed his "Linz Symphony".
In the entrance to the house there is a bust of the composer by W.Ritter (1957). Inside the building is an attractive three-storey, arcade courtyard dating from the 17th century. A plaque commemorates the designer of the Pöstlingbergbahn (the world steepest mountain railway), Ing. Josef Urbanski, who lived in the house from 1893 to 1895.