© Donauschlinge Schlögen © Oberösterreich Tourismus / Steininger
Donauschlinge Schlögen © Oberösterreich Tourismus / Steininger

Mühlholz Chapel

Lembach im Mühlkreis, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • Suitable for groups

Lovely Mühlholz Chapel creates a typically Upper Austrian scene of a church on a hilltop, surrounded by trees and is a sight that can be seen for miles around.

The stations of the cross link the graveyard with Mühlholz hill. The Bohemain Forest and the foothills of the Alps are visible from the hill on clear days.

Weaver Alois Johanniter of Lembach founded this chapel and the stations of the cross in 1844 out of gratitude for his salvaging from a shipping accident. A votive painting in the chapel´s interior depicts the Bavarian steamship named "Ludwig". A marble tablet on the right wall of the chapel commemorates this accident. Two angel statues flank the Golgotha altar, which is at the heart of the chapel.

Open all through the day

  • open to the public

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Free entry
  • Suitable for groups

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Mühlholz Chapel
Marktplatz 13
4132 Lembach im Mühlkreis

Phone +43 7286 8214
Fax machine +43 7286 26899
E-Mailpfarrer@pfarre-lembach.at
Webwww.pfarre-lembach.at/
http://www.pfarre-lembach.at/

Contact person

Röm.-Kath. Pfarramt
Marktplatz 13
4132 Lembach im Mühlkreis

Webwww.pfarre-lembach.at/

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA