The Calvary Chapel creates a typically Upper Austrian scene of a church on a hilltop, surrounded by a mosaic of fields.
There are uninterrupted panoramic views of the lovely surroundings!
The Calvary Chapel was built in 1689 by Carlo Antonio Carlone. Adam Kholler had it erected out of gratitude for his wife who had given birth to a son. The Chapel and the Stations of the Cross leading to it were consecrated in 1689.
The most recent restorations of the Chapel and the Stations of the Cross date back to the year 1983. Sculptor Jakob Kopp conceived the design for the wayside shrines of the Stations of the Cross. The paintings that adorn the Chapel´s interior were created by the Linz-based artist Wolf Wutschl.