The splendid Castle is set in its own spacious grounds and cannot be seen from the road nor from the Danube.
The plan of the castle is that of a false 'square', with a wide open inner courtyard that is embedded between the two story side wing and the ground level annexes added to the three story main building. The ground level annex on the right hand side has a central gate.
Garages spread from both directions of the gate. Opposite of the main building is a longitudinal complex that once housed the stables and stretches to the archway of the actual main entrance. The tower hall is the last remnant of the original portal tower.
The eastern wing links the portal with the main part of the building and was erected by Lukas von Hildebrandt in 1709. He also created the high altar in the castle´s chapel. The southern wall of the castle opens to the English park. A colonnade which is crowned by two-axial central risalites spreads into the tall foyer from which there are stairs leading to the upper story. Today, Aschach Castle is a private property.