- Suitable for groups
The late Gothic church is located in the middle of the cemetery on an elevated site in the centre of the village of Alkoven.
The church was built around 1470 in Gothic style. In 1878, a fire destroyed the wooden onion dome, which also destroyed three bells and the tower clock. The mixture of late Gothic and neo-Gothic styles gives the interior a friendly appearance reminiscent of late Gothic architecture. The church has a high altar and two side altars. Since the general restoration of the church in 1902-04, the high altar has been dedicated to St Margarita, our parish patron saint.