The castle of Altenhof was first mentioned documental in 1200 and since 1602, it is in the possession of the count's family Salburg-Falkenstein.
The castle with church, which is 600 m above the Rannatal and 3 km north of the Danube, is located on a terraced peak and was reconstructed after a fire in 1724.
It is situated in a fantastic and history-charged hiking area. The church of the castle is considered as the largest private church in Austria.
The castle of Altenhof disposes of comfortable holiday apartments and houses and offers a great ambience, a baroque church and beautiful premises for weddings, ceremonies and events.
Guided tours in the castle for groups only on appointment. Call us: +43 7285 262
Charge per person: 2 €
Please get in touch for more information.
Hauptstraße 2, 4160 Aigen-Schlägl