Church of the Minor Friars

Linz, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

The Minoritenkirche, also known as the Landhauskirche, is the only pure rococo church in Linz and houses important works of art.

The Minorite Church used to be part of the Minorite Monastery, which was demolished in 1564. Today it is integrated into the building complex of the Upper Austrian provincial government. That is why it is also called the country house church.



The church, completed in 1571, was decorated with masterpieces by J. M. Schmidt (Kremser Schmidt) and B. Altomonte. Important artists like Paul Sattler or the plasterer Kaspar Modler have made their contribution. In 2009 the new organ was inaugurated, which follows the basic concept of a Saxon baroque organ.



The Church is currently looked after by the Society of St. Peter, who celebrates Holy Mass here in the extraordinary form, that is, in the rite that was common before the liturgical reform.

Accessibility / arrival

Linz Linien: 1, 2, 3, 4, 26, 27 - Taubenmarkt

Parking
  • Parking area for disabled: 2
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for children
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.

other information
  • Entrance to the building

Contact


Church of the Minor Friars
Promenade 24
4020 Linz

Phone +43 732 7720 - 11364
E-Mailfssplinz@liwest.at
Webwww.dioezese-linz.at/institution/32…
http://www.dioezese-linz.at/institution/3240/kirchen/article/13004.html

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA