Originally the twin nave church of the monastery of the Minor Friars, which was founded in 1236, the building was returned to the order in 1678 following the Reformation.
It was then redesigned as an opulently decorated, single nave Rococo church in 1751 by Johann Matthias Krinner. There is stucco work by Kaspar Modler, high altar paintings by Bartolomeo Altomonte and side altar works by Johann Martin Schmidt (Kremser Schmidt). The nearby monastery building is now the seat of the Upper Austrian Provincial Government.
Linz Linien: 1, 2, 3 – HauptplatzParking
Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.