The late antiquity “burgus” of Oberranna, likely named STANACUM by the Romans, is located in the municipality area of the Danube market town Engelhartszell.
This important border post at the Danube Limes is approximately 1700 years old and the best preserved antique building in Upper Austria. The Danube Limes lead along the Danube as the northern border of the Roman Empire from Regensburg to the Black Sea and was part of a 6000 km long Limes around the Mediterranean Sea from Scotland to Morocco.
The exhibition can be visited daily from 10 until 18 h, likely until the end of October.
The app “Römerspuren” is available in the app stores as well as Google Play. Please download, try it out and spread the word!
Please get in touch for more information.
Legal contact informationOberranna 5