Parish Church of Hartkirchen
The parish church, dedicated to St. Stephen, is located in the centre of Hartkirchen, in the middle of the former parish cemetery. The originally romantic building was probably remodelled in Gothic style from the middle of the 15th century. From 1748 to 1751, the Gothic parish church was enlarged and remodelled in Baroque style, the church tower was raised and crowned with a Baroque spire. The artistic interior design of the parish church is the work of the important Wels church painter Wolfgang Andreas Heindl and the Linz ornamental and architectural painter Mathias Dolicher. There is an altarpiece by Bartolomeo Altomonto on a side altar in the north aisle. The organ was probably built by the Bavarian organ builder Egedacher.