Constructed in 1786 – altarpiece by the painter Bergler from Prague.
The parish of Freinberg, compared to other the other parishes in our surroundings, is a fairly young one. The parish and spiritual life in our region is characterized by the particular Bishop from Passau.
After the Treaty of Teschen in 1779 when the Innviertel region is annexed to Austria and the Diocese of Linz is separated from Passau, Freiberg is declared an independent parish. In 1784 its founding is determined. Freinberg receives its own pastor called Staudinger per episcopal decree from Linz. However, this pastor never takes up his position.
As a consequence, the pastor Johann Michael Pillmann, a former Cistercian from the monastery Baumgartenberg fills his place. The pastor Pillmann is very considerate and starts with the building of a vicarage. Additionally, the wooden branch church, which burnt down in 1784, needs to be rebuild. Nonetheless, he has severe difficulties with the construction of the church because of the lacking donations by the population of Freinberg.
A new graveyard is consecrated by the dean of Kopfing and also used as such. Documents say that with this consecration the last connection to the parish Innstadt – Severin was lost.
From this day on funerals only took place in Freinberg. From 1786 on all baptisms, weddings and deaths are documented in the register books of our parish. These original books are still stored in the parish offices but are soon digitalized to save the original documents.