The Martin Luther Church is an Evangelical Lutheran church in Linz.
Emperor Joseph II’s Edict of Tolerance (1781) allowed the Protestant faith to be practised again in Upper Austria. But it was not until 20th October 1844 that the fi rst prayer house in Linz was formally dedicated. Due to the Catholic building rules that applied at the time the Protestant Martin Luther Church had to be set back 50m from the street so as not to dominate the street scene. Today, this distance to Landstraße allows it to be seen better.
Mass: Sunday 9.30 am
Linz Linien: 1, 2, 3 – Mozartkreuzung
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
Suitable for wheelchairs: Not all of the legally stipulated ÖNORM are complied with. In principle, this object is suitable for wheelchairs and no assistance is necessary.
- Entrance to the building