© ©WGDDonauOberoesterreichTourismusGmbHCMVisuals Donauradweg reloaded, Schlögener Schlinge, Donauschlinge, Schlögenerschlinge, Haibach


Sarleinsbach, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

Hike to the Chager Chapel (walking time approx. 10 min)
Anton and Cäcilia Meisl, the former owners of the Fixlmühle, had the Chager Chapel built in 1888. They wanted to honour a special place that had brought them much joy during their lifetime.
The chapel was built over a spring that had always brought relief for eye complaints. The extent to which the builders were interested in emphasising the sacredness of this secluded place in the middle of the forest can be seen in the design of the interior of the chapel, which is modelled on the Lourdes Grotto.
The chapel and spring have been renovated in recent years.

  • always open (24/7)
  • opened daily
  • open to the public
  • Can only be viewed from outside

  • Parking space: 5
  • Bus parking space: 1
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • voluntary contribution
Payment methods
Other payment methods
Cash payment
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for schools
  • Suitable for teenagers
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples
  • Suitable for children
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.

other information
  • Escort required


Marktplatz 4
4152 Sarleinsbach

Phone +43 7283 8255 - 22
Fax machine +43 7283 8255 - 50
E-Mail gemeindeamt@sarleinsbach.at
Web www.sarleinsbach.at

Contact person

Tourismusverband Donau Oberösterreich
Lindengasse 9
4040 Linz

Phone +43 732 7277 - 817
Fax machine +43 732 7277 - 804
E-Mail info@donauregion.at
Web www.donauregion.at

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA | Suggest a change