This is the seat of the Upper Austrian provincial governor, parliament and government. The extensive Renaissance building with three inner courtyards stands on the site of the former cloister of the monastery of the Friars Minors, which was purchased by the city guilds and taken over in 1564. The tower dates from 1568. The so-called "Planet Fountain" ("Planetenbrunnen") is in the arcade courtyard, a fountain by the stonemason Peter Guet (1582) with bronzes of the moon, Mercury, Venus, the sun, Mars, and Saturn, crowned with Jupiter. Over the barrel-vaulted hall on the ground floor, with its north portal in red Untersberger marble (Kaspar Toretto of Venice, 1570), is the "Steinerne Saal", which was divided in 1800.
Linz Linien: 1, 2, 3 – Hauptplatz
Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.