A perfect symbiosis: Linz and Danube
City trip into the future
Linz surprises, inspires and changes: whether on a ship on the Danube, at wonderful concerts, high above the city, with the spray can in the graffiti gallery or experimenting in the museums. Whoever dives into the unique atmosphere will always return fascinated.
Visitors are carried away by the open atmosphere in the centre, by the buildings from different eras, by diverse cultural offerings and by the Danube, which is more than ever a part of Linz. The banks of the Danube are both a place of recreation and culture: during the day the green spaces and restaurants invite visitors to linger, while at night the futuristic, illuminated facades of the museums astound the beholder. The same goes for the exhibitions, which range from contemporary works in the Lentos Art Museum to innovative developments and projects in the Ars Electronica Center. In the Museum of the Future, technological thought leadership meets visionary media art.
A piece downstream in the industrial harbor is an art project of a different kind: "Mural Harbor" is Europe's largest graffiti and muralismo gallery with more than 100 sprayed works along the harbor basins. And in the nearby industrial area, the voestalpine Stahlwelt offers a unique glimpse behind the scenes of the world-famous company.
Service and Contact
Danube region in Austria:
- Biking at the Danube Cycle Path between Passau and Bratislava
- Hiking at the hiking trails "Donausteig", "Weitwanderweg Nibelungengau", "Welterbesteig Wachau", or in the sourroundings of Vienna.
- Theme travel: Romans, Middle Ages, Habsburger & baroque, modern & contemporary spirit
Route of Emperors and Kings
- Regensburg to Budapest
- Cultural heritage along the Danube in Europe
- Theme travel along the Danube
European region Danube-Vltava:
- Border region of the border-triangle: Czech Republic, Germany, Austria
- Cooperation within the fields of tourism, economy, culture, social affairs and education.
Top attractions in Linz
Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art. In addition to the extensive collection of works of modern and contemporary art, works by 20th and 21st century artists are shown continuously. The Kubin Cabinet offers insights into the world's largest...