The Poneggen "Stock" first was Nobility Seat that later on was transformed into a manufacturing plant. Today it is a listed residential building.
The Nobility Seat at Poneggen (today called Stock) first appeared in historical documents as an estate and fief in the year 1237. In 1380 a Hans Lasperger is mentioned as its owner and in 1629 the Nobility Seat was granted to the Noblemen of Schwertberg. In the middle of the 18th century it housed a silkworm breeding. The mulberry trees that were planted those days to feed the worms with their leaves can still be seen in the surroundings. As of 1818 several notable people have owned or been linked with the Stock. The most noticeable and striking architectural features of the Stock are Gothic-style windows, Renaissance-style arcades and a door ledge with the year 1537 engraved. The building today is listed, however, there are still people living in this historic structure.
As it is private property, the "Stock" at Poneggen can be visited from the outside only.
Information material on this historical building is available at the Schwertberg town library.
Please get in touch for more information.