St. Laurentius Parish Church
In the 12th century the parish of Gramastetten covered the entire Danube area, stretching to the Bohemian border. Nowadays the parish church is a symbol of religious faith over the centuries.
The wonderful parish church was rebuilt in the 15th century. Under P. Rudolf Peyrer (1878-1913) the interior was redecorated in new Gothic style which is still preserved. This wonderful House of God ranks among Upper Austria´s most beautiful churches.
Its precious altarpieces and chancels were created by the renowned artist Josef Kepplinger from Ottensheim and one of his former students, Simon Raweder. The outstanding, hand-carved statues on the high altar are made by Josef Ignaz Sattler who became quite famous for his first masterpiece.
In 1982-1983 the parish church was completely renovated.