Calvary Church & Stations of the Cross
The Calvary Church and the adjacent Stations of the Cross, built around 1831, represent an important step towards the spiritual renewal of the Church.
Thanks to donations, mainly from Gramastetten´s inhabitants, the precious Calvary Church and the nearby Stations of the Cross were erected between 1831 and 1834. First the church was surrounded by the Stations of the Cross but later a special trail was made, leading directly from the town to the church. Franz Xaver Schneider, a brilliant sculptor, created the wonderful relief works and the outstanding crucifixion scene on the high altar in 1833/34.
Next to the church a precious mortuary chapel can be found. Today the Gramastetten Companionship takes care of the Calvary Church and the Stations.
Calvary Church & Stations of the Cross Marktstraße 17
Phone +43 7239 81550
Fax machine +43 7239 815512