Ski jumping has been popular in the area since 1933.
Following a series of alteration works and the construction of a new club house, the new K40 ski jump was opened with a major international event and town fair in the summer of 1966. A K20 jump for promising young athletes was built in the fall of 1966 and opened with a fun contest in the following winter. Floodlights were added in 1999, thus allowing for training sessions to be scheduled in the evenings.
In accordance with new FIS regulations both ski jumps received safety planking. Jumping contests have been held ever since the completion of the ski jumps (the series of summer contests was started in 1980). With some 20 to 25 active athletes the Hinzenbach jumpers´ club is the largest one in Upper Austria and even ranks among the Austrian top clubs.