---
title: Old School
url: "https://www.donauregion.at/en/oesterreich-poi/detail/402440/old-school.html"
description: A Warm Welcome to the Old School in St. Nikola
date: 2024-11-06
modified: 2024-11-06
---

# Old School

Old School
============

   St. Nikola an der Donau, Oberösterreich, Österreich

 ![](https://assets.tourdata.at/260x195/206710/F1116F466763D90C6F13DA767143F300FEABD6DD2CD1FD94C47EE52BA065D745/alteschule-jpg.jpg)

   Open copyright  © Ebner Willi Close copyright

 [    ![Old school in St. Nikola an der Donau: A two-storey building with green roof beams and a bell tower on the roof. The body of the building is light-coloured plastered and has a wooden balcony on the first floor. There is a fence made of wooden slats in front of the house. Overall, the building has a traditional, rural character.](https://assets.tourdata.at/x550/206710/F1116F466763D90C6F13DA767143F300FEABD6DD2CD1FD94C47EE52BA065D745/alteschule-jpg.jpg "© Ebner Willi")  ](https://assets.tourdata.at/1920x/206710/F1116F466763D90C6F13DA767143F300FEABD6DD2CD1FD94C47EE52BA065D745/alteschule-jpg.jpg)

 Nr.14
 4381 St. Nikola an der Donau

 [  open in Google Maps ](https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=Nr.14%2C%204381%20St.%20Nikola%20an%20der%20Donau "Link will open in a new window") [  Open in Apple Maps ](https://maps.apple.com/place?address=Nr.14%2C%204381%20St.%20Nikola%20an%20der%20Donau "Link will open in a new window")

   ![](https://static.ecmaps.de/staticmap.jpg?experience=webarchitektur-meta&lat=48.233553577&lon=14.906917334&width=991&height=450&project=ttg-osm-summer-original&zoom=2000&server=meta.tourdata.at)

 A Warm Welcome to the Old School in St. Nikola

 This house was built around 1600.
The minutes book of the St. Nikola market mentions the schoolhouse for the first time in 1771
for the first time. It was House No. 14, located in the immediate vicinity of the parish church.
The ground floor served as a school, and the upper floor as a residence.
Until that time, schooling had likely been provided only privately. In 1813, the school moved to No. 10 in St. Nikola, and this house passed into private ownership. For over 100 years, the building has been owned by the
Schwaiger family.

 [ Contact ](#ttgCollapseKontakt)
----------------------------------

 **Old School**

 Nr.14
 4381 St. Nikola an der Donau

  Phone  +46 7268 8155Show no.
  E-Mail [gemeinde@st-nikola-donau.ooe.gv.at](#mailto)
   Web [www.st-nikola.at/](https://www.st-nikola.at/ "New window")
  Web [www.st-nikola-donau.ooe.gv.at/](https://www.st-nikola-donau.ooe.gv.at/ "New window")
   https://www.st-nikola.at/
  https://www.st-nikola-donau.ooe.gv.at/

---

 **We speak the following languages**

German

 [ Opening hours ](#ttgCollapseOeffnungszeiten)
------------------------------------------------

- always open (24/7)
- Can only be viewed from outside

 [ Arrival ](#ttgCollapseAnreise)
----------------------------------

 [ Suitability ](#ttgCollapseEignung)
--------------------------------------

- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples

 **Season**- Spring
- Summer
- Autumn

 [ Accessibility ](#ttgCollapseBarrierefreiheit)
-------------------------------------------------

Please get in touch for more information.

 [To the website](https://www.st-nikola.at/ "New window")

 powered by [TOURDATA](https://www.tourdata.at "New window") [Suggest a change](#mailto)
 [ ![TOURDATA Logo](https://www.donauregion.at/fileadmin/templates/global/images/Logo-Tourdata.png "TOURDATA Logo") ](https://www.tourdata.at "New window")